Monday, June 28, 2010

summer classes! FTW:]

Anne here again! Sorry, I'm on blogging tirade!:] Anyways, today is Monday. For most of you, it is a horrid day filled with annoying alarm buzzes, wishful thinking, and empty coffee makers. But for people like me, who have no job, I LOVE MONDAYS! Especially because of summer dance class!

As a child, I wasn't too keen on taking dance classes in the summer, but when you are bored, you are willing. But, as I got older (and by talking to my dance teacher, the amazing Jennifer DeBritton), I realized that unlike dance classes during the school year, summer classes really perfect your technique! Think about it: during the summer, there is no big performance the studio is trying to put together and your dance teacher isn't trying to choreograph anything for a show, which means that there is a lot of time on your teacher's hand to help your technique! Don't you just...love it?

Anyway, I'm taking classes all the way in Pelham, GA with the Flint River Dance Arts! It's so much fun! I learn new things, meet new friends, and perfect my technique! fdshfsdjkfsdjfhsd! It's so much fun! The studio is in this beautiful old school building and it is to die for. The class I'm taking right now is every Monday from 7-9:30. It includes ballet/pointe and partnering (which is a real hoot for me because I've only partnered a few times). Best part is, it's cheap! Only $15 a class!

Of course, the classes are only going to last until the Summer Intensive (which is from July 19-23). But hey! It's still sooo much fun! And speaking of the summer intensive, a guy from SYTYCD is going to be teaching some of it! Since I only just started watching SYTYCD last season, I don't have a clue who he is... but his name is Peter Sabasino and I'm going to be looking him up any day now:]

But yeah, so excited! I think Brianna and I are both taking the Intensive so, we'll let you know how that goes!
Hugs, Kisses, and Calluses:]
Anne
ps-Since I have no idea how to put names to links...here is this long link for you to check out Flint River Dance Art's facebook page!:] http://www.facebook.com/pages/Camilla-GA/Flint-River-Dance-Arts-Dance-Theatre-South/324064956170

No comments:

Post a Comment