Thursday, September 23, 2010

showzzzz!

Hey guys! Anne here:) So, my computer decided to break so I can't blog as much, BUT luckily my boo let's me use his laptop whenever I need it. High five, boifriend, high five.

ANYWAY! As you know, I'm putting A LOT on my plate this semester: I am doing Taste of the Arts, Midsummer Night's Dream, Dance Showcase, AND Nutcracker all while trying to maintain my grades. I thought it'd be helpful for you guys to have a little brief explanation of all the shows and what I'm doing in them. yaayyyyyy!

Taste of the Arts: This is an event to raise money for all the arts at Darton College! Majors from the Theatre program, the Art program, the Music program, and (you guessed it!) the Dance program! The theme this year is Roaring 20s. Doesn't that make you want to die?! I am so excited! The Dance program will be doing three pieces all inspired by 1920s pieces! One of them is a ballet number and we have to wear 1920s inspired swimsuits which means SWIM CAPS! YAYYYY!! We are also doing a modern piece which is inspired by Salvador Dali and it's sooo cool. It is very geometric and awesome. The third piece, which I couldn't be in but Brianna is in, is a Charleston musical number! It's super cute!:) What's really awesome about this performance is that it is on my birthday:) Oct.1,2010 is the date, yo!
Here's the website: http://atasteofthearts.org/

Midsummer Night's Dream: The Theatre and Dance program are always trying to be collaborate in showings and Midsummer is perfect! It is by Shakespeare and it is freakin' hilarious. Most of the dance majors are fairies:) Brianna is Titania, Queen of the Fairies, and I'm Puck! This is my first straight play and my first role in a play sooo I'm really excited. And there are hopes that I will fly!:) It will be Nov.11-13. YAY!

Dance Showcase: This is basically a show that has everything in it! Dance majors are choreographing stuff and we are always doing stuff from Taste of the Arts. Brianna is choreographing a piece, but I will let her talk about that:) I'm really excited about the dance for my ballet class. We are dancing to Train's "Marry Me." We are all in this knee-length wedding dresses. There is only one guy in our ballet class (perks of living in South GA) and he is supposed to be our ideal guy. It is so beautiful and breath-taking! It's going to be Nov. 19-20!:)

Nutcracker: I was asked to be in FRDA's Nutcracker! But due to my crazy schedule, I couldn't get all the parts I really wanted. But I am in Snow, Flowers, and Lead Bon-Bon. Don't look up Bon-Bon, because all that will come up is Mother Ginger. The choreographer made a new variation because some many people are in it. I'm really excited! It is going to be Dec.10-12!:)

Pictures of all of these fun events will be posted:) Oh and I promise that I will get a picture of my arabesque improvements soon too!:)

Here's the PERFECT signing off picture:


Hugs, Kisses, and Classy Dancin'!
Anne:)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lot on your plate :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love having that much stuff to do! of course, i had to quit nutcracker:( not enough time for that. but its ok:)

    ReplyDelete