Monday, September 6, 2010

Hi my name is Brianna, and I'm a dance major.

I feel this title is appropriate, because I feel like I have exposed myself to something highly addicting and intoxicating: being a dance major. Like Anne said in her absolutely hilarious post, I suddenly want to be in everything. I'm actually surprised at just how many pieces I'm involved in, but at the same time, I feel like there is so many more I could be doing. So, for you, I will do a pros and cons list of being a dance major. Sorry, I'm too lazy to find hilarious pictures like Anne did.

PROS:
1. Getting credits and grades to dance.
-This is the best thing that could have possibly ever happened to me. Especially since I want/need to get my gpa up.
2. Constantly having the need to be in shape.
-As Anne stated, we have to have 28 hrs. of cross training.
-I really love to exercise.
3. Pushing yourself to a higher level.
-There are so many different levels of experience in our dance department. You learn from all levels. Sometimes it's what not to do, others it's to remind yourself that there is always a higher bar to reach!
4. Learning how to put my ideas out there.
-I'm an extroverted person, yet sometimes my own choreography ideas intimidate me. That's changing.
5. Just going for it.
-Sometimes, even if you don't feel confident about a step or combination, you just have to go for it and see what you're really capable of. You'll be amazed at what you can do.
6. Being able to actually put all my pieces together and see my choreography performed.
-Nuff said.

CONS:
1. Being sore frequently.
-Sore muscles, marley burns, and bruises have become my best friends.
2. Not having free time.
-What's a social life again?
3. Never having enough dance attire.
-Like Anne said, I see everyone with amazing dance attire and I suddenly NEED everything. I spent about $90 dollars on dance/workout clothes today. Take it in.
4. Lulu Lemon
-Old Navy eat your heart out. I wish I would have spent $90 bucks here...is it too late to return my purchases?
5. Just not feeling it.
-Sometimes, I just don't have the energy to go and dance my heart out.
6. Late night practices.
-Some of my dance practices are until 10 at night.

There are so many pros and cons, but overall I LOVE being a dance major. I guess this would fall under pros, but it feels absolutely amazing to go to school everyday to better yourself and do what you love more than life. Breathe dance, live dance, be dance.

-Brianna

3 comments:

  1. Your guys blog makes me very happy. Thank you for being you both and having a great love and passion for dance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i totally agree with you guys about always having to buy more dance stuff. like a week after i order from discount dance, i realize i need even more stuff.

    and you can't ever just order one pair of shoes...you always get sucked in and order like 4 leotards and random accessories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenn: Thank you! It helps when you have such an amazing dance teacher!

    Ash: Ohhh emm gee!! It's addicting! I just spent ANOTHER $80 at target. I told my boyfriend to NOT let me buy anymore. I've already found at least 5 more things I NEED!!

    ReplyDelete